- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Core Schedule
- Academic Calendars
- Student Handbooks
- Field Experience/Internship
- Library Use
- Useful links
- New Students
- OMPH Student Activities
- Tuition and Funding
- Student Awards
- Epidemiology & Biostatistics Combined
- Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety
- Health Management & Policy - PSU
- Health Management & Policy - OSU
- Health Promotion
- Health Promotion & Health Behavior
- International Health
- Primary Health Care & Health Disparities
- Graduate Certificates
- Careers and Opportunities
- News and Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
OMPH Intercampus Registration
for Epidemiology & Biostatistics Students at OHSU
What class are you trying to register for:
- An online class at the OHSU School of Nursing
- A core-class at PSU
- A non-core class at PSU, or any class at OSU
Please note web-based and distance courses may involve additional fees. For example " eCollege" courses at OSU are not included in the OMPH joint campus agreement. eCollege courses are listed in a separate course catalog and are designated with section numbers in the 400’s. Students interested in courses provided via eCollege will need to enroll for those courses through OSU. Regular eCollege tuition and fees would apply.
An online class at the OHSU School of Nursing
The School of Nursing's Primary Health Care & Health Disparities (PHCHD) track at OHSU welcomes students from other tracks within the Oregon Master of Public Health Program into their core courses. Because these are online courses and there is a maximum limit of 20 students per course, preference is given to students enrolled in the PHCHD track. Other students may enroll in the PHCHD courses on a space available, first come first served basis.
IMPORTANT: Registration must be completed no later than two weeks prior to the date classes begin in order to set up your access to Sakai and the course.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE FOR ALL OMPH STUDENTS:
- Contact the School of Nursing course faculty of record during the registration period to get your name on the waiting list.
- The faculty of record will notify you by e-mail regarding permission status no later than one week after the last registration date at the OHSU School of Nursing noted above.
- If you are accepted into the course, register the paper registration form available on the OHSU Registrar's website no later than two weeks prior to the date classes begin using the instructions below.
Subsequent Registration Procedures for Oregon Health & Science University Epidemiology & Biostatistics Students:
- Obtain an OHSU Registration Form.
- Complete the form including OHSU School of Nursing course information.
- Take a copy of the e-mail acceptance into the course from the SON faculty of record (in lieu of the instructor's signature on the form), and your completed OHSU Registration Form to Tree Triano, Education Manager, for departmental approval.
- Deliver the signed registration form and the email granting permission to enroll to the OHSU Registrar.
- Your registration will be confirmed through the OHSU Registrar by Svetlana Guduras, email@example.com , and she will initiate the set up for access to the online course and notify the instructor of your registration at that time.
- At the end of the term when the PHPM Department receives enrollments lists and grade sheets for the course, they will be forwarded to the SON instructor for response and the completed form turned in to the OHSU Registrar.
Note: For OHSU Library off-campus access, see http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/off-campus-access.cfm.
Note: For your online course, you need an e-mail provider that easily sends and receives attachments. Check with your home institution for an e-mail account.
For core-classes at PSU
- Register for the class through ISIS, using the course registration number (CRN) set up for OHSU students. To find the CRNs, review the Epi & Biostat course schedule on the department website.
For non-core classes at PSU, or any class at OSU
Contact the course instructor to seek confirmation that space is available and that the proposed registration is acceptable. Write the course number on the registration form as a PHPM 507 course, with the correct OSU or PSU title and the instructor’s name. Contact Education Assistant, Natalie Chin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and ask that she request a unique CRN from the Registrar's Office. This CRN must be noted on the registration form. Please note, only OMPH courses are eligible for joint campus registration. If you are interested in an elective outside of an OMPH track, you must first obtain approval from Dr. Lambert and must register directly with the home university as a non-degree student, paying tuition directly to PSU or OSU. You will need to transfer the course to OHSU after grades are issued.
You may use the email from the instructor giving her/his permission for enrollment in lieu of obtaining his or her signature on the registration form. Be sure to attach the printed email to the paper registration form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office in person or via the fax number on the form.
Check out the U Belong video
created by the Department of Global Diversity and Inclusion